Friday, June 5, 2015

A Debut Book Launch Night to Remember


The debut launch night for HOVER on June 2nd exceeded my expectations in every way. I need to give a huge thank-you right off the bat to Barbara Peters and the Poisoned Pen bookstore for opening their doors for me. What a fantastic venue!

The support from friends and family was overwhelming. As you can see, we had a full house. And as a bonus, we sold out of books, too!

Below, I've included several photos from a most memorable evening!











This was the entryway table as you walked into the store.









I enjoyed a fun and lively interview with Barbara Peters, owner of the Poisoned Pen, and John Charles. This was a Livestream event, so my friends and family from out of town could watch as it happened--a convenience for them, but for me, a way to archive a cherished event. Like having your wedding videotaped or something. Here's the link: http://livestream.com/poisonedpen/events/4090215.













After the interview and a question and answer period, it was time to sign books!










It was also an opportunity to take photos with those who helped me along the way on this publishing journey. These are four of my cousins and my aunt, first readers of the manuscript, long before it was titled HOVER.














My mom and dad, brother, and two sisters were also on hand--first readers of the manuscript all. My baby sister, second from right, completed a time consuming and ridiculously thorough editing of my manuscript prior to submission. It definitely pays to have a whip smart attorney in the family!














This whip smart attorney is also a talented baker and provided a fantastic spread for the evening. We've all told her, I don't know how many times, that she's in the wrong business. Catering, Karla. Catering.















And last, but certainly not least, my husband and two children, who have supported me from day one in this whole writing endeavor.





Thanks again to all of you who took time out of your evening to stop by the Poisoned Pen to help me celebrate and also to those who sent your good wishes from afar. You made this a night I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment